Aug 2, 2005

Happy Birthday to 'my fair lady'

It all started when my Maths Lecturer (JJ) asked the girls to take the middle row of benches while the boys on either rows parallel to it, i didn't know i am gonna meet a girl who would fill my dreams, smiles & tears

It was the first year - second semester, Both the ends met.
She sat near me, a small gap filling the space between our benches (oh, Einstein's theory of relativity is just a gap away...). I felt an unwritten shyness whenever i turned left to see her. Slowly we started speaking, only a few words :)

We spoke a little on our family too. I exchanged my Electronics assignments for her Maths. Those were the days i would always love to remember

She spoke so naturally that when you hear her, u would never want to interrupt the silence of her speech. Unconsciously she began to fill my dreams.

She was interested in me, so as I. I like her appreciating my tamil poems on nature (she was a topper in +2 Tamil). I never used to write tamil poems on girls, even if i do, it would be only a teasing one.

I thought of writing a poem teasing her (with a concept of, her name hidden in it). I framed the entire poem in my heart and when wrote, as u can expect it didn't tease her instead turned into one of the masterpieces of my poems

On the day of showing this to her, I didn’t say its for her, instead I asked her to find a girl’s name in it. She searched the whole poem but didn’t get that.

You know what she said when I showed her name by placing my left hand vertically over the poem page leaving the first letters of each line grouped to reveal her name, “I had expected this” :)

That day afternoon, I asked her “Ennai pidichirukka?” a line that I borrowed from the famous song of Minnale at that time.

She replied immediately, “Yes, as a friend”… but the next day the gap between us increased, she sat in the last bench (mine is last but one @ the right) that too in the middle.

Slowly she started avoiding me and i thought "I should not have said that too early". She didn't speak much after that event and even if I speak she heared it with less interest

Then came the second sem exams and the holidays.

4 comments:

Hariks said...

Ennada idhu paadhiyila vittu vachirukka??

seekiram mudida idha!

Hariks said...

Romba urugaadhada. It all happens in our life. Keep Cool. Ethana episoda poda pora. This week i'll prepare mine and post.

Unakku oru company kudukka dhaan. Ennoda aalu b'dayvum indha maasam dhaan.

iamchandru said...

unakulae epadi oru soga kadhaiya!!!
no feelings vk!!!
ponungalum windows em onnu da machan
adikadi epadi dhaan hang ayiduvanga,
dont worry v vil jump into Open Source world, VVS :-)

(VVS co-ordinator with VK)
Manmadhan Mouly ;-)

KP said...

excellent narration