Aug 6, 2005

The birthday year

a continuation of "Happy B'day to..."

The Second year of my college started with a divide, me in IT and 'my fair lady' in her dept.

I was so sad & thought "Its all over & she lost interest in me" until i heard from a girl of her dept saying that she was speaking about my masterpiece poem in her class

"Why should she do that if she had no interest in me?", a nice question right? So I started to her class with my friends as if to see some other guy.

I slowly turned my eyes towards her while coming out of the class. To my surprise she smiled @ me. I thought there's something happened to her in the holidays, may be she might be dreaming of me (chumma oru guess thaanpa!) like i did , may be she might be reading my poem again & again and found my trueness in her.

I felt a joy that had no words to explain here, so we better skip that :) , after all it doesn't exist long, much long :(

On the day of her B'day, i called her out from the class and said "I heard from BBC news that today is your b'day, r u so special?". She laughed & got my small gift (a Rose microtip pencil). She was happy, we spoke a few words and departed

Everything is fine till here, right? But somehow later she started avoiding me totally. I want to ask her why? But when she stepped back in seeing me, i didn't go forward to speak. I restrained myself waiting for the day that she will realise me one day.

But as this is not a cinema, nothing better happened in my life and everything went bad for me in her :(

Now i am tasting the essence of her in my thoughts, at times.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes"
-Anonymous

3 comments:

Hariks said...

Nice post!

But she had done like u can post about ur feelings only once.

I pray for u that u post about her again with joy.

Manoj said...

mama ...

ippa nee 'umm' nu sollu ...

un 'fair lady' un pakathula nippaturan ...

-Manoj

Karthigeyan said...

"umm"