Feb 12, 2008

Amma Kolam

The best and the worst things happens so close to me with almost immediate in one following the other :)

Whats the best thing happened in the pongal holidays?

I took snaps of my mother's beautiful kolam , she drew on each day of pongal festival and uploaded in flickr

[ Kolam - is a decorative design drawn in a variety of sandpainting using rice powder by female members of the family in front of their home. A Kolam is a sort of painted prayer -- a line drawing composed of curved loops, drawn around a grid pattern of dots.] (Plural: Kolangal)

She makes her best artistic vision in designing the kolam in notebook to making it real in roads.

clip_image001

and whats the worst followed.... my system @ home gone down, making her not to upload her latest ones :(

I just assembled it not even a year ago (The story of my sweet PC)

Nevertheless i am happy to see my mother's beautiful kolangal in the web :)

No comments: