Mar 9, 2008

a trip to Godavari delta

The weekend visit to East Andhra for my colleague's marriage made me to think 'why not a trip around India?'

The lush greenary on the banks of Godavari & the small canal that runs paralled to the road (with farm fields on both sides till the end of eyesight), quietly energises the soul & eyes.

100_0338

 

the places I touched...

Kakinada - Kotaiyah's Kaja is a special sweet of the town (something like Pulla Reddy in Hyd & Adyar Anandha Bavan in Chennai),

Yanam - part of Pondicherry Government (thats my town)

Thratchapuram - one of Siva's triranga spot in Andhra, the other two are Srisailam & K

Andervedi - where Godavari merges with the Sea

Amalapuram

Also this is the first time I am attending a marriage that took place at night 10:30 PM.

Thanks to Sandeep for inviting for his marriage & Prashanth for persuading me to join the trip :)

eastandhra

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Can you give more information in terms of road distances, condition of roads. We are planning a bike ride from hyd by end of december.

Anonymous said...

hi... its very nice to see something about my native place( east godavari)... i would like to know more about you...
my mail id sathi.2003@gmail.com