Sep 15, 2008

One day with One rupee

It was a day that i got up as usual late, relaxed, got ready, packed food and rushed to station to catch my 10'o clock train. My stomach grunned and reminded me that I had just one banana before leaving from home. Well, why not a have a tea meantime before the train reaches in a couple of mins.

But the surprisingly danger fact is, I had just 1rupee in my pocket. Just 1 Rupee to start the day, not even a tea costs that in Urban india (its 2.50 bucks minimum). The mmts train pass saved the day for me to reach office and i totally forgot about this dangerous fact. For lunch, i ate the food that i prepared and took in the box. In the evening, I went for a tea break with my friend (obviously he paid for me), that kept my 1 buck still in my purse :)


The thought that i should withdraw from ATM striked now and then but i never cared about it much as i was in a safer office zone. After a bit long client meeting in the evening i rushed to the train station where i was aware again that i have just 1 rupee in my pocket, this time it was a clear mistake.

Well, there is nothing else i could do except to spend it :) and get a few fried groundnuts for that 1 rupee from the poor farmer who sells it everyday at the station platform. The groundnuts tasted good in my train journey back home.

Atlast i felt good for spending the 1 Rupee worth it... and oops... now i got 0 bucks with me :)


No comments: