May 6, 2005

blogtograph - part 1

I still remember my father said me that i lost a LKG seat in Petit Seminaire Higher Secondary School, a 175 yrs old and well reputed school in Pondy, just bcoz i didnt say my name when the Principal asked me.

Then i joined a small school started by a simple person Lourdusamy who had a very big vision at that time. The school was started just two years before(in 1984) with upto 5th standard(i am not sure). The name of the school was 'Amalorpavam High School' at that time.

The strategy he followed was introducing one more standard each year while maintaining discipline in all standards.

From LKG to XII standard, almost 15 years, i studied in that school watching the growth of it. Those were so peaceful & beautiful school days. Now it is called 'Amalorpavam Higher Secondary School' - stands next to that Petit Seminaire in results and in reputation due to the hardwork of Lourdusamy.

I still didnt forget the wish we used to say when any teacher enters into the class room,
'Good morning Sir/Miss, God Bless You' till seventh std, which later changed to
'Good morning Sir/Miss, Praise the Lord'

And the prayer i murmured for almost 15 years in morning & evening sessions
'Oh God! our father, we adore you, we believe in you, we hope you and we love you.
Bless us, our parents, our teachers and ours, AMEN'

thanks to my sweet memories, Long Live Lourdusamy

3 comments:

iamchandru said...

What a wonder..!!!
Really a big and long term project carried out by ur blovd prinic mr lourdu da..!!! Wat a gr8 work da... really a gud strategic move..
Yeah its recollecting the article that u have shown to me in ananda vigadan, vijaya inn 3* hotel owner's life story da...
A goooooood inspirations for dreamers like ussssss.....
kana kanum kalangal :-)

Hariks said...

Karthi, innum onnu solla marandhuta!

Now it is also called as Jail :) for 10th and 12th standard students.

Manoj said...

dey mama,

appadiya namma schoolu en kan munnala nikuthuda. Ana nan school life enjoy panninenu solla matten. I was in my native karaikkal, in my beloved school vivekanadha. When i joined this school in pondicherry, for my 4th std, i had no friends. daily i used to knee-down in the class in the english period and many other classes for not bringing diary, not covering the books, not polishing the shoes, not dressing the hair and so many..

everyday morning they made me to dream for 45 min (ya! the prayer time). but at that age only tendulkar came in my dream, and i was batting with him.

wow, thanks for reminding me those days.